To address the rising interest on how effectively Hong Kong’s Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) and other air pollution control measures protect public health, especially during smoggy days like the ones we experienced early this month, (Jan 2017), Prof Alexis Lau met a group of local media on 24 Jan. In addition to resolving some misunderstandings about AQHI, Prof Lau further introduced PRAISE-HK as a future solution to reduce public health risks from air pollution exposure.
Media coverage: (following hyperlinks to corresponding media platforms)
- 26 Jan 2017 – South China Morning Post – Mobile app helps Hongkongers to plan out less-polluted route
- 26 Jan 2017 – HK01 – 科大研全球首個空氣質素地圖 睇App就知每條街污染物濃度
- 26 Jan 2017 – Hong Kong Economic Times – 實時滙報 科大研街道空氣污染App
- 26 Jan 2017 – Ta Kung Pao – 首創大數據預測助市民規劃行程 科大Apps即知街道空氣污染
- 26 Jan 2017 – Ming Pao Daily News – 科大研空氣質素App 實時推算街道污染度