Every individual spends an average 10-12 hours at home everyday – but we seldom have a chance to measure and improve air quality at home. Among researches conducted under Institute for the Environment, we realized the importance to understand how our households are affected by the air outside of the windows, and how our daily habits including opening/closing windows, turning on/off of our air conditioners and air purifiers can affect air quality at our homes.
If you are reading this, you are invited to PRAISE-HK Home (Air Quality) Measurement for FREE! Yes, we need your help to collect these outdoor-to-indoor variations, in advancing PRAISE-HK’s upcoming development. As a return, a detailed summary report will be provided for your record. Don’t miss out this opportunity, read on and join now!
Sampling Time & Study period
The sampling will last for 7 days. Exact sampling days will be further discussed and confirmed with participants.
- Applicants will be required to fill out a simple survey. Information provided is useful for the design of measurement setup, particularly the installation of air quality sensors;
- Depending on your home environment, 2 to 3 hand-carry luggage-sized air quality sensors (images below) will be installed in your apartment;
- PRAISE-HK Team will uninstall the sensors after 7 days.
Upon request, a summary report will be provided with the following information:
– Detailed explanation on home indoor and outdoor air quality;
– Comparison with nearby air quality data;
– Suggestions to improve home air quality.
If you are interested in this Home Measurement campaign, please fill out this [Home Measurement Enrollment Form]. Selected participants will be further contacted for detailed measurement arrangement.
Information collected in this study will only be used for research purposes and will not be shared with any third parties unless requested or agreed.
PRAISE-HK team conducted large-scale measurement exercises in numerous micro-environments in our city, aiming to understand how outdoor air pollution affects indoor environments in our daily exposure routines. Below are the snapshots of our previous measurement work:
MTR platforms and train compartments
Bus stop and bus compartments